Eggdrop has two types of records: User records, and channel records.
A channel record tracks bans, invites, and exempts, and users in the channel (via member records). Member records are unique to a channel, and a single user in two channels will have two member records associated with them.
Eggdrop joining a channel
- Eggdrop gets a JOIN for itself (gotjoin), and sends reset_chan_info
- reset_chan_info sets the channel into a CHAN_PENDING status until
- reset_chan_info calls refresh_who_chan, which sends a WHO #channel to the server
- Eggdrop gets a 352/4 message for a user on the channel
- Eggdrop Eggdrop checks the if that user is/was already on the channel (ismember). If they were not, a new member record is added (newmember)
- Eggdrop gets 315 (End of who)
- Eggdrop removes channel Pending status, sets channel status to Active
User joining a channel
When a member joins a channel, Eggdrop checks the if that user is/was already on the channel (ismember). If they were not, a new member record is added (newmember)
|char channel[CHANNELLEN + 1]|